Friday, January 31, 2014

The Art of Tea

The Art of Tea
cast resin, cotton string, paper
2.5" x 1.5" x .5" plus 6" string
$20.00 each with free shipping

Catch and Release my exhibition at Project Space DE opens in a week and a half and it is exciting to watch everything come together.

Every morning I make my husband a cup of tea and over the years I have drawn them, hung them, printed with them and incorporated them into my sculptures. I love the daily ritual, the simplicity of the design, the sepia tones from a used bag, and how the gesture of preparing tea for some one you love marks time.


These tea bags are cast resin with red cotton thread and the labels are the page numbers from an old book from a series that was a childhood favorite which I am not going to reveal just yet.
Everything I put in my work has a purpose, a memory and link to something else.

Please join me on February 7, 2014 for the Artist Reception and see what else has woven its way into my work.




 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love them. Nice work, Nanci!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love them. Nice work, Nanci!

liza myers said...

Love these Nanci! They came out so well!