Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Climbing Towards Greatness - Artist as Collector

Delaware based artist Kyle Ripp is this week's guest blogger for our Artist as Collector series.

©Ancizar Marin
Bronze
When asked to chose one of my favorite pieces of artwork from my collection all sorts of responses came to mind.  But after thinking about it, I knew which piece of art I wanted to share for the blog.  It is a bronze sculpture by Ancizar MarinI found it down at the beach at the Philip Morton Gallery in Rehobeth, Delaware.  

I had been looking at the piece for several years and then this year I decided to buy one for each of my two children and one for my husband and I as our holiday gifts. It has become a symbol of what living is all about for us as a family.  I see the person not just climbing up as a struggle but one always working toward greatness. 

Life is about movement, up or down and we always have a choice to pause, reflect, change  and continue forth on the journey .  

Kyle Ripp has developed a unique artistic technique combining elements of both painting with sculptural etching. The process involves both addition and subtraction of the surface and the image which allows the work to evolve organically. She is also the Co-Founder and Director of Project Space in Wilmington, DE. 



No comments: