Monday, April 15, 2013

Shots from Artist Reception at JCC

The reception for Beneath the Surface, and Into the Fold-folded upcycled books by Delainey Barclay was last Thursday. It was great fun to see friends- both ones I have known and others I got to meet for the first time- in person.  Siegel JCC ArtSpace committee member Phyllis Aerenson was everywhere snapping away. Here are some of her shots...
"Fishing" will be going home after the show closes on May 9 with
its new collector- Carol Levin.

Katie Glazier on left, made sure there was enough food and beverages to keep everyone happy.
It takes a village.
This committee of amazing artists- and art lovers make up the
Siegel JCC ArtSpace
(l-r: Katie Glazier, Kerin Hearn, Phyllis Aerenson, Carol Balick, Bobbi Levitt,
Judy Topkis,  Maura Golin) 
Spriha Gupta, an interior design student at DCAD, took a Monotype class with me there, and came with her sister in law and niece visiting from India... with a lovely bouquet of tulips!
Reminded me of all the beautiful leis given when you have an exhibition in Hawaii. smells soooo good and you feel like a queen!
Spriha Gupta, and relatives from India

Kathy Hrenko, friend, art therapist and executive director of
the Kennett After- School Association After the Bell
program.
Love working with her students as well...

Ellen Semple (l) came up to be with a big smile and
told me that she is one of my collectors!- she bought my
Red Hot Red I painting from my Walks thru Life Series
as Cindy Pettinaro's COCA event last month.
That's sculptor Stan Smokler on right.


and my new friend, amazing artist
Deborah Johnson who has a studio
at the DCCA.

Off to the show where photographer Dain Simons will be shooting the work in situ .... more to share soon.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: