Friday, August 19, 2011

Sole Sister


Adventures and inspiration are never far away, especially if you are on foot and take the time to explore.


Helen, my friend visiting from Australia and I spent an afternoon in Old City, Philadelphia.  It was there at Three Sirens that we found some far out shoes and and met Aubrie Costello- a "Sole Sister."
Aubrie, it turns out, is not only a super friendly sales clerk, but a wonderful artist. She also, paints shoes and incorporates them in installations.  I shared with her my Walks thru Life: Shoe Portraits Series, and she in turn, showed me her work.

One of her pieces, Ladies in Waiting is right behind the register.
Ladies in Waiting, detail
©2011Aubrie Costello
New finds, new friends and new muses .... what's your favorite recent discovery?

Red Hot Red #3
Acrylic on canvas
6" x 6"
©2011NanciHersh
from Walks thru Life: Shoe Portraits
$150.00

No comments: