Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Made in Italy

Made in Italy 2
from the Walks thru Life: Shoe Portraits Series
Acrylic on Canvas
6"x 6"
©2011NanciHersh
Like these green and gold cork sandals, that were Made in Italy, the irregular cobblestone streets of Italy led me to new places on both sides of the Atlantic.

It was just 20 years (!) this summer that I spent 3 weeks studying printmaking at the Santa Reparate Graphic Art Center in Florence, Italy.  Not unlike Elizabeth Gilbert in her memoir, Eat, Pray, Love,  I embarked on an adventure to travel, study, and follow my passion.

Made in Italy
from the Walks thru Life: Shoe Portraits Series
Acrylic on Canvas
6"x 6"
©2011NanciHersh
 Those weeks were about all art; seeing, creating, and living it- with eating, walking, and some shopping in between.  Inspiration was everywhere and the time and distance also gave me clarity. Upon my return, I filed for divorce, finished the renovation of my plantation home in Hawaii, and began graduate school.

You just never know where a path may lead you.

What path have you taken that changed the direction of your life?

No comments: